The engineers and materials scientists of the AET Concrete Laboratory provide prompt response to requests for the evaluation of construction material performance.
As an independent laboratory, we offer full-service materials testing capabilities, including over 300 specific tests. On both large and small projects the concrete services team makes every effort to fulfill client requirements and help clients make the smart choices in construction materials.
Their capabilities include:
- Concrete Materials Testing:
- The team evaluates the durability and hardened properties for concrete such as freeze-thaw, modulus of elasticity, creep of concrete, drying shrinkage, chloride diffusivity, and many other properties of concrete and concrete related materials.
- Product Testing to verify product and project specifications:
- Chemical Admixtures
- Mineral Admixtures
- Concrete Repair Materials
- Bagged Materials
- Sealers and Coatings
- Cement/Mortar Laboratory provides assessment of fine particle materials, including but not limited to:
- Fly Ash
- Natural pozzolans
- Recycled materials
- Mortar products and related evaluations
- Alkali silica reactivity (ASR) and alkali carbonate reactivity (ACR) which is required for infrastructure work including bridges, pavements, airfields and other public and commercial structures.
Our experienced engineers and scientists offer practical insights and advice on materials projects and quality control requirements. For more information about our Concrete Services Department and other services they offer, please contact Concrete Laboratory Manager Patrick Barnhouse.