AET Webinar by Christopher Braaten, PG, CPG
Join Senior Petrographer, Chris Braaten, PG, CPG, in a pre-recorded webinar about how AET uses petrographic examination (following ASTM C294/C295) to evaluate aggregates that are proposed for use in concrete and other cementitious mixtures.
This webinar covers
- What is forensic geology/petrography?
- Why use petrography?
- Overview of problematic rock types and minerals
- Potential impacts of aggregate components on concrete
- Photos, thin sections, and scanning electron microscope (SEM) images of issues
- Highlights of several forensic case studies
AET Webinar: Forensic Geology / Petrography: What Aggregate Analyses Tell Us About Concrete?